Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 10:13 PM

1. more info coming soon
    2. see #1 ;

nice avatar

2. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:45 PM

hehe so I know "more information is coming" regarding the points... but I'm curious the things they are to be used for. Can they be used towards tickets? or other special offers? Just curious. :) :)

3. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 1:50 PM

patton wrote:
    hehe so I know "more information is coming" regarding the points... but I'm curious the things they are to be used for. Can they be used towards tickets? or other special offers? Just curious. :) :)

I can with (almost) 100% certainty say that points *cannot* be used to purchase tickets. Expect things like posters, t-shirts, digital downloads - that kind of thing.

4. Moderator

RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Brent(ctrl) wrote:
    patton wrote:

I can with (almost) 100% certainty say that points *cannot* be used to purchase tickets. Expect things like posters, t-shirts, digital downloads - that kind of thing.

We got a nice little points menu popping up shortly.. one of the items just *might* include tickets..

Remember though, if you start spamming posts, blogs etc just to get points we'll know.. we know everything.. now go wash your hands sicko..

5. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 3:41 PM

m.holz wrote:
    Brent(ctrl) wrote:
    patton wrote:

We got a nice little points menu popping up shortly.. one of the items just *might* include tickets..

Remember though, if you start spamming posts, blogs etc just to get points we'll know.. we know everything.. now go wash your hands sicko..

haha Of course I wouldn't do that! hehe I was just curious about the meaning behind them. :) I don't even need the points for the tickets as I am almost ready to purchase mine, saving money takes time so I couldn't get in on the early bird passes.

6. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I just want to say I've already noticed people (some on my friends list) that are posting the same fucking blog, of only 2 or 3 words like 300 times. That is pretty fucked up. They just want more points and are using the loopholes. I do hope that will not go unnoticed. Just saying. I rant about it more in my blog....

7. Moderator

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:05 PM

Ricky says, spamming = bad.

http://funfunfunfest.com/news/5434/

8. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Greg(ctrl) wrote:
    Ricky says, spamming = bad.

http://funfunfunfest.com/news/5434/

9. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Brent(ctrl) wrote:

(putting foot into mouth)

10. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:54 AM

will the points roll over so we can use them next year?

11. Moderator

Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM

thedondiego1 wrote:
    will the points roll over so we can use them next year?

I'm inclined to say yes. There will probably be some super high point items to reward the people who've stayed on the site year-round and remained active. You deserve it.

12. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:49 PM

Curious... so if the points have a possibility of rolling over to next year... then does that occur as soon as the festival weekend begins? I'm just curious when you guys decide who wins what or when the points deadline is I guess.......

oh and thanks for the great moderating....I feel less aggravated by the people "spamming" =)

13. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 10:15 PM

What actions = what amount of points?

14. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Cupajoe03 wrote:
    What actions = what amount of points?

The more difficult the action, the more points awarded. Posting a blog=10 points. Teaching a yak to rollerskate=10,000 points. This is because yaks much prefer Segways. I might be wrong about this system, but it seems reasonable.

15. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Phillip wrote:
    Teaching a yak to rollerskate=10,000 points. This is because yaks much prefer Segways.

Well what the hell am I supposed with my Segway-riding yak now?

16. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 1:08 PM

1,410 bitches!!!

17. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:49 PM

2,500 points to unlock the Cobain avatar and sing "Mother"

18. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 8:39 PM

It says now that you have to be social! I find it strange that being social can have two different point values, I'm not sure what that means exactly.

19. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 9:56 PM

Jäs wrote:
    2,500 points to unlock the Cobain avatar and sing "Mother"

haha nice.

20. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:35 AM

lienathan316 wrote:
    It says now that you have to be social! I find it strange that being social can have two different point values, I'm not sure what that means exactly.

Being social has always been accompanied by a range of point values
    1 point for commenting
    5 points for complimenting
    10 points for telling me a joke I have not already heard
    15 points for buying me a beer
    25 points for buying me a tito's and tonic
    50 points for buying me a Laphroig
    100 points for having my back in a fight (which I will inevitably start with some stranger once you quest to gain 10,000 points in 50 point drink increments)
    150 points for bailing me out of jail
    200 points for taking the rap for me so I don't go to jail
    300 points for continuing to booze me up despite the prior altercation
    350 points for buying me kebabalicious in a failed attempt to sober me up
    500 points for getting me home safe
    750 points for spending the night to ensure I do not die in my sleep but not attempting any funny business
    1000 points for providing a hangover reduction breakfast of Bloody Mary, Eggs and hydrocodone