Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Hi, Maybe it's explained somewhere here, but I'm trying to figure out:
1) How do I get more points
2) What will I be able to do with those points
Thanks!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I would be nice if we were given points for correct spelling and proper grammar and punctuation.

2. Moderator

RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 7:30 AM

Bad Guy Zero wrote:
    I would be nice if we were given points for correct spelling and proper grammar and punctuation.

You get life points for that!

3. RE: Points? How to get 'em?

Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 7:43 PM

so you get points by being social on this forum and others? how much do the points go for with the great american dollar?

4. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Are the point awards the same as last year?

5. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM

billyfloyd wrote:
    so you get points by being social on this forum and others? how much do the points go for with the great american dollar?

priceless!

6. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I'm super confused about the points too. I can't find any place on here that explains how or why you get them and what they are used for. Not super concerned about it, but it's just kind of confusing.

7. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:21 PM

The only thing I see about points is, if you get 3,000 of them, you can use them to buy a FFF shirt.

8. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 1:48 PM

yeah, you can get a shirt for points..

9. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:53 PM

If you get like 8500 you get to be "Mayor Of Mohawk"...which apparently just entails having a picture of you in the establishment.

10. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Whoa. Are you my doppleganger? I'm b000.
    yes, good.

11. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Now that the points menu is being fleshed out, just remember that the points ARE audited, so if you create a bunch of one two or three word blogs to earn points, when you go to redeem your points someone will be looking at all of your site activity. I know this because a friend of mine tried to scam the site last year and ended up losing ALL of his points. There was a girl who also cut and pasted music reviews from punknews.org and she got caught as well. It sucks, but what the hell.

12. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 7:42 AM

I just saw the new points menu and am pretty stoked by the free PIPs...pretty much the only way I can get my buddy to Fest it up this year. Hmmm...only 6200 points shy...not bad!

13. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Yeah. Im pretty excited about those tickets.

14. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:23 PM

And whover you are youre way better off then me I have 6,924 points to go... D: But ive only been on here for like 2 months. Dude I want those soo bad!

15. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Wait Ive only been on here for 3 weeks. I just checked the point thinger I have 7 days til joined for a month

16. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Don't worry man the points will rack up before you know it....

17. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:44 PM

The way it is set up, the only really legitimate way you can earn the bigger items like PIPS is to have been on the site since they started the forum and profile system, which I believe was about a year and 2 months ago. There may be some ways to earn a dramatic amount of points in a contest or something before fest time, but if I were you I'd try for the trivia contests on twitter, etc. to get tickets if you so desire. I DO know that the points menu will be expanding even more in the coming weeks to encompass food, booze, and some other goodies.

18. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 9:46 AM

tonignosis wrote:
    ...I DO know that the points menu will be expanding even more in the coming weeks to encompass food, booze, and some other goodies.

This is what I was hoping for as well...particularly regarding food, since I'm PIPing it and will be swimming in beer but certainly wouldn't mind cutting down my food tab.

19. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I'm wondering if I don't use my points this year if I can use them next year and then have a shit ton and for sure be able to be queen of the orange stage.

20. Re: Points? How to get 'em?

Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 1:52 PM

I've been making a lot of blog posts recently to help boost my points. But I don't think they are all being counted? Aren't we supposed to be getting ten points for each? Yeah they're not really long but they tend to be at the very least a few sentences about actual topics. What gives?