Fest grounds and dust

Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Rumor has it that the fest can get dusty, so exactly how dusty does it get if it hasn't rained?

I don't care about dirt -- I just don't need dust causing my effing asthma to get in the way of pogoing during Seaweed, Superchunk, OFF!, ...Trail of Dead, A Place to Bury Strangers, Against Me!, ETC.... That would suck.

I'm grateful for any info that can be provided. Thanks!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Fest grounds and dust

Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM

The dust got pretty awful last year. If you look at any pictures from the fest, you'll notice that most of us covered our faces with bandannas for a good portion of that first day. They were supposed to have worked on the grounds, though, so it may be different this year.

2. Re: Fest grounds and dust

Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 8:47 AM

There is way more grass right now on Auditorium Shores than last year. I drive past it multiple times a week. I don't think it will be nearly as dusty as last year. I would still bring a bandana or something just to be safe.

3. Re: Fest grounds and dust

Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 2:00 PM

bandanas.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

4. Re: Fest grounds and dust

Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 9:30 AM

bandanas then! thx guys..

we have a summer festival in a beach/coastal area and every year it's a big mess of dust all around.. even while eating.. and every year they say it'll change blah blah blah.. and of course it never does.. so it's actually good to see someone really wants to make improvements.

5. Re: Fest grounds and dust

Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Thanks for the info everyone. You guys are super helpful.

6. RE: Fest grounds and dust

Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

If you purchase a PIP you get a dope nautical bandana included in your package!!

7. RE: Fest grounds and dust

Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Yes, using a bandana to keep from breathing in the huge dust clouds swirling around Auditorium shores is a must. Although, a few fashion conscious festival goers were wearing their keffiyehs.
    Peace through taco grease