P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM

First off, kudos to all the volunteers working their butts off. Great shows, cool vibe etc. Lots of good food options.

The PIP meal tickets are hit or miss with some vendors. One of the vendors said he only takes $3.00 off a meal for a PIP meal ticket. Others don't really give you a meal but more like just a morsel. The advertisement said PIP gets you a regular meal, so there seems to be a disconnect between the event planners and the vendors. The food is pretty good and all the free beer, Honest Ade and water you can drink is awesome.

Still missing the towels.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Yeah, pretty disappointing since they were so adamant about getting it right this time. I've lost a lot of faith in them this year, in the many disappointments they've been a part of. Still having a blast at the fest, but this is certainly the last time I see myself giving them so much of my money.

And yeah, pretty bummed about the towel, myself.

2. RE: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM

This is our first year doing P.I.P, and while I'm extremely grateful for the hard work and effort that has obviously been put in -- the food situation has indeed been hit or miss and confusing.

The Chicken on a Stick place said the meal ticket would get two eggs rolls (??) or three dollars off the entire meal...so for a meal it still cost me 6 bucks (by then it's too embarrassing to back out ...and I've already waited in line) WITH my meal ticket. While the pizza place a few booths down included a pizza and honest tea, which would have totalled 9 bucks...but all included and with no attitude. I mean, two egg rolls?

I guess, if every vendor had displayed what was included, so you didn't have to wait in line, it would at least make the food process more streamlined/quick for us.

But awesome fest still! (although, we too keep talking about how nice those mentioned beach towels would have been)

3. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM

go to lucky j's by the mini ramp
    NAW DUDE!

4. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 4:12 PM

yeah, lucky j's had a good deal. so did kebabalicious!

5. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:21 AM

The meal tickets were an improvement on last year, when the vendors just flat-out refused to honor them. That said, next year can we please get some kind of definitive information laid out? (e.g. making them worth a specific dollar value so we can make an informed decision.) It's kind of ridiculous leaving your clients in the awkward position of having to haggle to get their food.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    - Terry Pratchett

6. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:37 AM

I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't have been opposed to paying a bit more to have food options back in the PIP areas. There are a ton of different ways it could happen, and it would save a lot of the confusion with the vendors.

7. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 4:52 AM

yeah i gotta agree with brocifer that it was at least an improvement over last year, but there is still work to do in that area. i don't like being made to feel like a bum by the food vendors, for trying to redeem these meal vouchers. loose butthole.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

8. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Yea, i think PIP area should have it's own food vendors, that would be so sweeeeeet

9. Moderator

Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 12:56 PM

This is all great feedback and we will take it all into serious consideration for 2012.

As mentioned above, 2010 there was a MAJOR snafu with this concept and all the vendors simply did not take the vouchers at all. We worked really hard to improve PIP for 2011 although most of the vendors seemed to have no problems it appears there were still some issues around the food.

10. RE: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:18 AM

this post is fantastic! This is most complete explanation of these new capabilities that I’ve seen yet. and I would like to introduce an new site about iPad 3 Covers for you.

11. RE: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM

this post is fantastic! This is most complete explanation of these new capabilities that I’ve seen yet. and I would like to introduce an new site about iPad 3 Covers for you.

12. Re: P.I.P. Meal Ticket is Hit or Miss

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM

By day 3 I think the vendors didn't care as much but haggling the first 2 days was kindof a pain in the butt