The Worth of FFF7 - An Analysis

Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I am very excited about the following acts and will be front and center for all of them (in no particular order, but my favs bolded):

Run-D.M.C., De La Soul, The Octopus Project, Tanlines, Charli XCX, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros, The Head and the Heart, Explosions in the Sky, Superchunk, Real Estate, Minus the Bear, The Promise Ring, And You Will Know Us By..., Givers, Balmorhea, Ume, Refused, Turbonegro, Converge, Napalm Death, Braid, Dwarves, David Cross, Doug Benson, and Saul Williams.

Now...consider that the 3-Day Pass is $175. I have 25 acts that I know I will see...that's an average of $7 per act. This doesn't include the Discovery Factor that FFF always has in store for participants...basically bands you're not familiar with but are pleasantly surprised to discover when you're there...

So, Discovery Factor aside...you have to ask yourself...is it worth $7 to see Run-D.M.C. back after a decade long hiatus? Is is worth $7 to see Refused? Is it worth $7 to see mutherfuckin' Napalm Death...? Is it worth $7 to see David Cross?

The answer is typically hell fuckin' yes it is...and it leaves me wondering why I don't just fork over the $13 for the PIP...

Replies to This Posting

1. There is nothing to display yet, check back soon.