Beer Sponsor

Tue, May 31, 2011 at 11:49 AM

I'm more worried about this year's beer sponsor than I am about the lineup. Heiniken and Tecate? eh, I actually missed the Miller last year. so who's our beer sponsor this time 'round?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Beer Sponsor

Tue, May 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM

If Heineken/Tecate sponsor again this year, Hopefully they dont run out of Tecate....

2. Re: Beer Sponsor

Tue, May 31, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Tecate isn't so bad. But i cannot stands the Heineken. Especially Heineken Light. Never thought i would find a beer worse than Bud Light until i drank a HL. Is it possible to get Stone Brewing Co to sponsor? Arrogant Bastard Ale is my beverage of choice

3. Re: Beer Sponsor

Tue, May 31, 2011 at 8:03 PM

How bout we get back to some Foster's oil cans??? Oh, wait, how bout we don't do that...

I've been disappointed with the beer selection the last 3 years I've been to FFF, especially considering how many awesome beers (everything from local/regional to international) exist. But I'm there for the music, and if I get saddled with "meh" beer and fucking Sailor Jerry rum, so be it!!! :P

4. Re: Beer Sponsor

Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 8:18 AM

I was fine with the 2010 selection...at least it wasn't bud, coors or miller.

and with Heineken, after 2 of them you can't taste it anymore...after 10 of them, well...you know.

5. Re: Beer Sponsor

Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 10:53 AM

What do you guys think of Shiner?

Or PRB?

6. Re: Beer Sponsor

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 7:34 AM

if they got PBR on tap, that would rule all.

7. Re: Beer Sponsor

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Seanicus wrote:

and with Heineken, after 2 of them you can't taste it anymore...after 10 of them, well...you know.

QFT.

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

8. Re: Beer Sponsor

Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Im down with tecate but they should throw in some texas beers into the mix.

9. RE: Beer Sponsor

Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Beer sponsors should be local! We have so much good beer here in Texas:
    Real Ale, Live Oak, Independence, 512, St. Arnold, etc.

Please include at least one of them. I hate spending $5 on a pint of watery lager like Tecate.

10. Re: Beer Sponsor

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I'm a PBR Princess myself, so I'd love it if there was PBR. I know a lot of people from around the nation come to FunFunFun and haven't had the opportunity to try regional beers from the area...I'm from Mississippi and while I have no idea where Tecate is from, it was my first time seeing it last year. I think a regional beer selection would be so awesome and I know I'd try as many as I could.

11. Re: Beer Sponsor

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I agree! Local beer sponsors would be great. While I will drink PBR, being from the midwest I don't totally understand why it's so popular down here. It used to be the $1 beer when I used to go to shows in Chicago. Gimme a big dark beer puhleeze! Who am I kidding, I'm just gonna drink whiskey all weekend. Get whatever you want.
    "Do not pass me just to slow down
    I can move right through you
    Do not pass me just to slow down
    I have precision auto"

12. Re: Beer Sponsor

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Local beers, pleasE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Re: Beer Sponsor

Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Agreed!!!

14. Re: Beer Sponsor

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM

Austin/Local beers or at least Texas beers should be sponsoring. I'm not a big beer drinker myself but it would be nice to have the option of a better beer. @releasethemermaids Tecate is a mexican beer. I can not speak on it's taste as I have never actually had one. :0 but i hear it's pretty good if you throw some lime and beer salt into the mix. I dig some Sailor J but I wouldn't be opposed to other rums. I'm pretty sure someone will bitch no matter what they offer. As long as it gets us drunk right? Or just pregame like no other.

15. ltd avatar ltd

Re: Beer Sponsor

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:05 AM

I would like some texas beers, or at the least maybe a few imports!?! Newcastle!?!

16. Re: Beer Sponsor

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM

so who do we talk to/threaten with violence to get some local beers thrown in the mix? gotta start calling out the promoters and get more local flavor. I mean, a drink is a drink and I'm bound to have a few regardless but I've always been a fan of darker brews. as for liquor, well let's just say I don't drink it much anymore (safety first!)
    some treat life like a race. I treat it like a demolition derby.

17. Re: Beer Sponsor

Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Steven K. wrote:
    so who do we talk to/threaten with violence to get some local beers thrown in the mix?

18. Re: Beer Sponsor

Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM

As for Texas-bred beers, I like Rahr (especially the Winter Warmer) and Franconia. Anything out of Austin would be cool, too. I agree with the masses, keep it local.
    Hideous Man #26

19. Re: Beer Sponsor

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:13 AM

amstel in the pip area, what what??!? :D

"eat shit- 20 trillion flies can't be wrong!"

20. Re: Beer Sponsor

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM

shiner please.