Out of Towners

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Every year I talk to people who tell me they road tripped from great lengths just to attend the fest. So, I figured this could be a nice way for people who are traveling here for the weekend to get in touch with locals to hang with, answer questions, or help assist in couch surfing.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Out of Towners

Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Hey all!

We're coming all the way from San Francisco! Excited to be a part of the crowd, we'll be hosting live on-site coverage all festival long! If you're as excited as we are, you can check out the FFFF previews we've done so far here:

http://spinearth.tv/report/fun-fun-fun-fest-is-the-raw-austin-we-love

Enjoy!
    SPINearth.tv
    discover
    experience
    connect
    a world of music

2. RE: Out of Towners

Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I'm coming in from Denton and am fucking stoked. I went three years back and had a blast. I've also gone to coachella the past three years in a row. This lineup is so amazing and so cheap.

I've got a buncha friends that live in Austin so I've got a couch to sleep on. Who knows what's going on after the fest?

3. RE: Out of Towners

Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 9:49 AM

I'm taking the roadtrip from New Orleans... Might fly solo actually! I'll just be wandering around meeting new people and listening to new music. Austin rocks. I have no clue where i'll be landing or if i'll even crash at all! I'm coming there to party with YOU. All of ya's. It's on.

4. RE: Out of Towners

Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 6:42 PM

i wish i could go
    if i were going id be coming from the rio grande valley its only like 5 or 6 hours
    mercedes representing up in here..lol
    -missmandy

5. RE: Out of Towners

Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:40 AM

I'll be coming in tonight from Houston. I have a place to stay, but I'm coming alone so it'd be nice to find people to hang out with.

6. RE: Out of Towners

Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 8:50 AM

Any of you out of towners want to party it up Austin style, just keep an eye out for me. I'll be that guy at the black stage all fuckin day with half a bleached head of hair
    It ain't easy bein sleazy

7. RE: Out of Towners

Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM

Oh, and I forgot to mention I'll be the dude with the beard. And pants.

8. RE: Out of Towners

Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 10:06 PM

i'm coming from fort worth. don't know where i'll be staying yet but something will come up.
    you'll probably find me hugging the speaker during melt banana.
    i love it's within driving distance. too much money spent on flying for festivals every year.

9. RE: Out of Towners

Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 7:00 PM

clearly this is from last year... but i would def love to crash on someones couch this year..
    just sayin'

and to get the dl on the party's

10. Re: Out of Towners

Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 9:16 AM

moot wrote:
    clearly this is from last year... but i would def love to crash on someones couch this year..
    just sayin'

and to get the dl on the party's

Yes, we should keep this thread alive for 2010. I'll be flying from DIA to DFW, either that or driving the 15 hours! I know Austin's areas fairly well though so it won't be a problem, plus you've got great people living there so it's hard to run into trouble. I remember everyone at the fest was so nice last year, great great atmosphere.
    The robots are nothing, if not versatile.

11. Re: Out of Towners

Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 10:18 PM

I am coming in from Houston and know Austin pretty well on account of visiting often. As of now, it looks like I am going alone because my GF and I split up. I am wondering if there are any single women from Houston that are thinking of going but may not want to go alone..... I am officially on the market now.
    HoustonRob

12. Re: Out of Towners

Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Another year! This line up is insane.
    How far are some of you folks traveling from?

13. Moderator

Re: Out of Towners

Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 2:15 AM

I'm coming in from Sacramento, CA and am looking to party hard.

14. Re: Out of Towners

Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 7:00 AM

MICHIGAN. yes.

15. Re: Out of Towners

Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 10:25 AM

HoustonRob wrote:
    I am coming in from Houston and know Austin pretty well on account of visiting often. As of now, it looks like I am going alone because my GF and I split up. I am wondering if there are any single women from Houston that are thinking of going but may not want to go alone..... I am officially on the market now.
    HoustonRob

that's just funny - they should have a ffffest dating forum. just imagine all the "missed connections" come november...

16. Moderator

Re: Out of Towners

Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 3:50 PM
  17. Re: Out of Towners

Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:31 AM

Greg(ctrl) wrote:
    Ask and you shall receive squee23:

http://funfunfunfest.com/forum/missed_funnections/123242

ok, this is going to be awesome to watch. :)

18. Re: Out of Towners

Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I am coming in from Houston and have had my reservations at the La Quinta for a couple of months now. Anyone willing to crash on the floor can hit me up. We would love to have you there, as long as you don't suck or something. We'll be partying our faces off and having a blast. The hotel is literally a one minute walk from the festival. If any of you guys are interested just hit me up. Also, the place is within easy walking distance of 6th, so the nights will all end there with drunken stumbles back to the room. Holla!!!!

19. Re: Out of Towners

Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM
  20. Re: Out of Towners

Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I'll be coming in from Tulsa but since I'm from the Houston and San Antonio areas I'll be driving from one of those two towns after spending a few days earlier that week for vacation...gonna make a whole week out of it, family visit finished by three days of face melting action.