Fixing the Blogs

Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 9:45 AM

So far, my biggest recommendation for 2014 would be to bring back the blogs. We had a pretty active little community going here for a few years now but it's dried up completely for this year. I'm guessing that y'all must continue to have trouble with the spam bots but this has definitely been a bummer, at least compared to last year.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 1:34 PM

here here!
    -Adam Noble Bass

2. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Really sucks too because that was the biggest reason to come to the site.
    In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear.

3. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Agreed.

4. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 12:36 PM

what am I gonna do with my points now!? ;P
    -Adam Noble Bass

5. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM

hateyouhumans wrote:
    what am I gonna do with my points now!? ;P

You and me both, brother! I'm currently sitting on 11,000 useless points. I guess I should splurged in 2011...

6. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Yeah, I've got some useless points taunting me from my account page as well. I had hoped to get a flask this year, as I had planned on taking up the booze. More's the pity. Although, I do miss the little F3F community we had going for a while.
    Peace through taco grease

7. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Tetsujin 28-go wrote:
    Yeah, I've got some useless points taunting me from my account page as well. I had hoped to get a flask this year, as I had planned on taking up the booze. More's the pity. Although, I do miss the little F3F community we had going for a while.

Totally! I really miss all the blogging we did: there were lots of good conversations going back and forth over the past few years and I was really hopping that the forums would continue to take on a life of their own, like the infamous Coachella and Sasquatch communities. 'Tis not to be, it would seem.

8. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Well the forums are lame, the blogs were a lot more personal and you could post reviews and talk about shit in them. I just do not see the point of telling everyone they were going to be fixed and they're not fixed. I work in tech its not hard to set up a server and stop it from being bombarded with spam.
    In this endeavor there is no loss or diminution, and a little advancement on this path can protect one from the most dangerous type of fear.

9. RE: Fixing the Blogs

Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 2:26 PM

"Well the forums are lame, the blogs were a lot more personal and you could post reviews and talk about shit in them. I just do not see the point of telling everyone they were going to be fixed and they're not fixed."

It seems that the folks at ground(ctrl) are focusing more on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram than on an effort to maintain the blogs on the F3F website. Although, the cynical part of me would say that keeping the blogs down would be a great way to keep fest newbies from hearing about any bad experiences some festival goers PIP went through last year.

10. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I found this guy as one of the users of the F3F website.

http://funfunfunfest.com/users/gouchctrl

From his F3F page, "MY NAME IS MATT. I'M A FRONT-END DEVELOPER AT GROUND(CTRL). IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THE SITE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO VISIT OUR SUPPORT PAGE"
    http://support.groundctrl.com/

In case anybody is still interested in seeing if anything can be done about getting the blogs back up.

11. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Tetsujin 28-go wrote:
    "Well the forums are lame, the blogs were a lot more personal and you could post reviews and talk about shit in them. I just do not see the point of telling everyone they were going to be fixed and they're not fixed."

It seems that the folks at ground(ctrl) are focusing more on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram than on an effort to maintain the blogs on the F3F website. Although, the cynical part of me would say that keeping the blogs down would be a great way to keep fest newbies from hearing about any bad experiences some festival goers PIP went through last year.

HA, good point
    -Adam Noble Bass

12. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Yeah but I'm rarely on the site or paying attention to a lot of what they're putting on social media. It was cool reading reviews and other things. I understand that the spam was bad but now the site sucks.

13. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 3:46 PM

@JESSE24 / Yeah, I heard that. I really did enjoy following the regular posters on this site for the reasons you stated. Now, obviously not so much. To further illustrate my disillusionment with this website, allow me to paraphrase from Charlie's and Terry's dialogue from the 1954 crime drama "On The Waterfront." In the following scene, I will be portraying the role of Charley and ground(ctrl) will be portraying the role of Terry.

Charley: "Look, Terry, how long since you given some love to this website, son? When you took care of the blogs, you were beautiful. You coulda been another Coachella forums."

Terry: "It wasn't me, Charley, it was the spam."

Charley: "Oh, I bought some tickets off you. You saw some money."

Terry: "You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am.

END SCENE

Anywho, just give me an F3f koozie and administrative rights to the website and I will take care of this spam issue in one night. Betta believe dat.

14. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Man! I thought I was the only one! I kept coming back and coming back to, nothing. Eventually gave up.

Thought maybe there was something wrong on my end? *shrugs*

Miss coming here and sharing in the camaraderie! So this is what we've been reduced to now, huh? A forum. It was nice while it lasted. Unfortunate.

Hope to see some of the mod squad this year!
    “After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.” Aldous Huxley

~BonnieBlowtorch

15. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 9:14 AM

This definitely makes me a sad panda...

16. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 10:42 PM

and with no fanfare, the single tickets day moves to the 13th - at least they answered question on Facebook, schedule and NITES on the 12th!
    -Adam Noble Bass

17. RE: Fixing the Blogs

Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Since we DON'T have the blogs up and running yet. I'm saying yet because a part of me won't give up hope that TE will fix this for us. I'm trying to figure out a way to make ffffestfamily brunch happen again this year. I've been missing all your pretty faces. I'm guessing it's best to go through FB? So if you get a random friend request from a "Laura Noguez" know that it's really just Pint O'Salsa wanting to break bread with you. See y'all in a month!

18. Re: Fixing the Blogs

Sun, Mar 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM