Food

Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 4:06 PM

What kind of food do you wish to see at the festival? Everyone knows that Austin isn't only gifted in the music area.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Food

Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:36 AM

my heritage tells me there should be more mexican, Specifically burritos. It's easy to hold a burrito and a cervesa and rock out in the crowd without your food being all over the place. yea i dont know if anyone sold burritos last year, since i mostly consumed bbq sammiches and nachos...

2. Re: Food

Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 11:09 AM

Maybe some Torchy's Tacos? Most importantly, the Fest Gods should broker a better deal with the Miller distributer so they can sell something a notch above the Miller, Lite, and Fosters offerings last year!

3. Re: Food

Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 7:47 AM

yea torchys would be awesome. Also, not sure if this happens in austin since i don't live there, but someone should get those random mexicans that sell tamales like in the walmart parking lot and have them sell em at the fest. as for the brews, i kinda enjoy fosters. I just hate that my wallet gets raped just to get a good buzz going. I was kinda thinking they should serve some Keystones just so i can say "hold my stones"

4. Re: Food

Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Coffee is a great idea, all I can think of right now is dessert - Bananarchy, Gordoughs, sno cones. As long as it's just not pizza & burgers!
    Everyone thinks he looks daft, but you can have your dream.

5. Re: Food

Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Dudes...fucking Gyros!
    t(-.-t) I need to shut the fuck up.

6. Re: Food

Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM

tacodeli pls

7. Re: Food

Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 4:59 PM

cupcakes.
    om nom nom

8. Re: Food

Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 5:21 PM

so many good food trucks could roll on over and I'd be happy... East Side King, Gourdoughs, Odd Duck, Me So Hungry, The Jalopy... and yeah coffee would be awesome if it gets cold and rainy again.

9. Moderator

Re: Food

Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM

In N Out burger?

10. Re: Food

Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 3:06 PM

Bananarchy is the best idea ever! I would LOVE to see them there! And more cheap options for food. PLEASE! With the cost of beer I often find myself making difficult choices between booze & food at FFF. Would be nice to be able to afford a good balance of both this year.

11. Re: Food

Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 4:33 PM

VEGAN FOOD PLEASEEEEEEE...... If there isn't any normally. Hoboken Vegan Pizza, Dog Almighty "hot dogs", Mr. Natural would be amazing, Bouldin Creek..... Edible Earth is delicious too

12. Re: Food

Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Yes, gluten free! I have multiple food allergies, but most things that are GF are safe for me, or easy to make safe. And also easy to make vegan, as well. A rice and (rice or bean thread) noodle cart with some wheat-free tamari instead of regular soy sauce and a second gluten-free wok/burner would do nicely. And spring rolls!

This whole no outside food or drink is sort of a bummer for folks like me who *have* to eat a certain way or risk anaphylactic shock. Especially for those who have one-day passes, and therefore can't go in and out.

13. Re: Food

Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:57 PM

FeStIvAl VeGaN wrote:
    VEGAN FOOD PLEASEEEEEEE...... If there isn't any normally. Hoboken Vegan Pizza, Dog Almighty "hot dogs", Mr. Natural would be amazing, Bouldin Creek..... Edible Earth is delicious too

Hey dude, no worries, last year there were a couple of vegan offerings. I specifically remember some awesome tamales and some popcorn.

14. Re: Food

Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 12:31 PM

i would totally dig some Dog Almighty there and some Hoboken Pie's. Since i'm already going to be drinking need some lighter healthier fare.
    Chiggy Chango

15. Re: Food

Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 6:44 PM

BEST WURST.

16. Re: Food

Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 1:12 PM

the sno-cones sound good-especially if there's booze in 'em! :D
    d

17. Re: Food

Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:58 AM

We should be so lucky as to receive the divine In N Out catering truck! (LA Peeps from FYF, make it happen, everyone will buy you booze!) Vegetabletarians, take note, The Parlor brings a sweet vegan pizza every year, usually at least 2 topping options.

18. Re: Food

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:43 AM

while I may not have food allergies or be veggie/vegan I do think it'd be nice to have more food stands for those with food allergies. possibly also have the food sectioned by groups (carnivore, veggie, vegan, gluten-free, mud pies, etc.). then again that may just be my OCD. I've never had a real complaint about the food (I use music and mosh pits as sustenance).
    some treat life like a race. I treat it like a demolition derby.

19. Re: Food

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Mud pies.... definitely mud pies.

20. RE: Food

Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Bevs: November can be chilly-- hot toddies!
    Food: G'raj Mahal and Boomerang Pies (both are omni- and herbivore friendly)!