Masks

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:50 AM

FunfunfunFest 2008 was the first one I attended. It was mostly sunny, a little chilly (because anything below 75 degrees is freezing) and definitely windy. I, as well as the people with me, did not take things like "wind" and "dirt" into account and spent a few days sneezing brown dust. I think the promoters of FFFfest can take advantage of this predicament by selling masks - with logos. Because if I'm going to buy a SARS/swine flu mask out of sheer desperation for a 500% markup, I would at least like it to be distinguishable.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Masks

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:43 AM

You know it'd be totally rock 'n roll to have one. :D

2. RE: Masks

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:16 PM

i am actually bringing a bandanna this year or a surgical mask. my allergies were brutal last year.

3. RE: Masks

Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Dammit...I thought this was going to be about wearing wrestling masks to the fest. Guess I got all excited and put mine on for nothing. :(

4. RE: Masks

Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 8:14 PM

That is a good idea, my friend. I sucked in hella dust over the FFF weekend in '08. MERCH IT, FFF!!!!

5. RE: Masks

Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 8:06 AM

dittto. i'll screen print some with FFF '09 if you want!!

Mista PP wrote:
    That is a good idea, my friend. I sucked in hella dust over the FFF weekend in '08. MERCH IT, FFF!!!!

6. RE: Masks

Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Bad Guy Zero wrote:
    Dammit...I thought this was going to be about wearing wrestling masks to the fest. Guess I got all excited and put mine on for nothing. :(

totally planning on wearing a decorative mask!! not lucha libre though

7. RE: Masks

Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Dillo Dirt Dust is good for your soul.

8. RE: Masks

Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:23 PM

hombrepelon wrote:
    Dillo Dirt Dust is good for your soul.

Is there a way it can get to my soul other than through my sinuses and lungs...??? I'm sick of that route.

:P

9. RE: Masks

Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM

i found that dust wasnt really an issue. :/

10. Moderator

RE: Masks

Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:31 PM

So would you guys be down for bandanas? Maybe we should do a bandana design contest?

11. RE: Masks

Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:50 AM

But, alas, this year umbrellas were a more pressing issue.
    So who knows what strange weather will befall Austin during this year's event.

12. Re: Masks

Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Back the bandana idea. They were passing them out at Austin City Limits...it was super dusty and uncomfortable, especially at the end of the day.

13. Re: Masks

Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 12:39 PM

for ffff '10 everyone should wear luchador masks. I'm personally thinking of making a sequins luchador masks as a sort of tribute to MJ. It wont help with dust or anything but at least itll look rad

14. Re: Masks

Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 6:57 AM

I love dirt clods substituting for boogers.

15. Re: Masks

Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Bad Guy Zero wrote:

LOL!! 2 funny.

16. Re: Masks

Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I totally want one of these now LOL
    WTH...EVA!