PIP beers

Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 9:47 AM

How are the beers distributed in the PIP areas different from the beers distributed from the normal bars? Someone mentioned that you're not allowed to bring PIP beers out of the area so I was wondering if they are different. Not trying to plot some evil scheme to sneak beers out but was wondering about the possibility of us PIPers getting a different kind of beer or something.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: PIP beers

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I'd actually give up on the PIP idea if I'm not allowed to take the beer out of the "designated area"... I enjoy watching bands while sipping on beers, not running to the bar for a quick gulp and missing songs every time I do that...

2. Re: PIP beers

Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 5:45 AM

You can take one out of the area. Last year, the PIP beers were 12 ounce tecate and Heineken.

3. Re: PIP beers

Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:17 PM

"You can take one out of the area..." As in PIP beer is allowed to be taken out of the PIP area or just ONE beer will be allowed to be taken out?

4. Re: PIP beers

Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:50 PM

You can take one PIP beer out of the area at a time, so that you can drink it at the stages. They don't confine you to the area, but you can only take one out. This rule is to discourage giving beers to non-pip people.

5. Re: PIP beers

Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 2:22 PM

logan.rich wrote:
    You can take one PIP beer out of the area at a time, so that you can drink it at the stages. They don't confine you to the area, but you can only take one out. This rule is to discourage giving beers to non-pip people.

Wonder if I can fill the water bottle that they give us with a few beers and just walk around with that :0

6. Re: PIP beers

Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 3:51 PM

logan.rich wrote:

THANKS!!!
    -Adam Noble Bass

7. Re: PIP beers

Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 11:41 PM

wouldn't hurt if that 1 beer you can take with you were bigger than 12 oz. that's three sips and gone.

8. Re: PIP beers

Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Lalac wrote:
    wouldn't hurt if that 1 beer you can take with you were bigger than 12 oz. that's three sips and gone.

Pound it and grab one for the road! I dunno...

-Adam Noble Bass