1. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 10:55 AM

the silence is worrying.

2. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:20 AM

usa (877) GND-CTRL

3. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I'm in Croatia so I'll be grateful if someone else calls them up and shares information here :)

4. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

If I wasn't stuck at work in meetings until late tonight I'd call. No way to get it done today for me :-(

5. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Customer support sez: "Great question. Updates like this one will addressed in an informational email that will be sent to PIPs early next week."

Strange.

6. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Lalac wrote:
    Customer support sez: "Great question. Updates like this one will addressed in an informational email that will be sent to PIPs early next week."

Strange.

That's not an acceptable response IMHO. I bought these tickets because of the implication of unlimited free beer. Any change in the terms of the sale will be a change in terms of our sale.

I have already contacted my credit card company to see what options I have.

And you know they have seen this thread and the Facebook ones but choose to ignore it.

7. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Plus, it wasn't an "implication" - it was explicitly stated.

I hope they'll offer a money-back option if terms have indeed changed. I have spent my weekly paycheck on the difference between the regular and PIP ticket only because I can't afford US beer prices for three whole days - it would really put a damper on my festival experience if I were stuck with a $325 ticket which wasn't worth what it was promised. At least an option of exchange for a regular 3-day pass would be fair.

The TABC thing and the voucher thing wouldn't be that worrisome had they officially stated that everything was OK. This way, it really seems something is NOT.

8. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:18 PM

My Hotel is right near the venue. If they do this, I won't buy anything in the event. I'll go back to my hotel and just drink a bunch of beers.

Lalac if you have a hotel. A case of beer should be under 20.00 dollars to keep in your hotel. What hotel you staying at?

9. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Lalac wrote:
    it would really put a damper on my festival experience

I agree Lalac, As I said the beer was the only reason for me to get the PIP tickets. I don't care about the other crap they are giving away, and who knows what else they took away since they don't explain anything.

10. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:45 PM

This has definitely got me nervous. Not a good way to be feeling just a week before the fest...

11. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Phillip wrote:
    This has definitely got me nervous. Not a good way to be feeling just a week before the fest...

What started out as an excited week leading up to the Fest has turned into being disgusted in the deliberate way the FunFunFunFest is ignoring our requests at clarification on this on both Facebook and here.

12. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Wiggum wrote:
    My Hotel is right near the venue. If they do this, I won't buy anything in the event. I'll go back to my hotel and just drink a bunch of beers.

Lalac if you have a hotel. A case of beer should be under 20.00 dollars to keep in your hotel. What hotel you staying at?

We're staying at a Days Inn uptown, not very close to the fest, but even if we were close, we're coming for the bands, so I wouldn't want to miss shows because of drinking. And I don't even want to get riotously drunk AT the fest - it's just that we'll spend 10-11 hours there each day, and that I'll probably want to enjoy at least one small beer per band - which I calculated to probably be way more expensive than the PIP ticket.

I have to say that I generally love the way FFFF is communicating with the visitors (disregarding this issue of course), I have never been there before but it seems like a really cool and friendly festival. So I hope there won't be big problems with this either - I hope they'll either come through with the offer or give refunds - but, to slightly modify a Napalm Death song title for a moment, the silence is baffling. At least a "don't worry, everything will be OK, we'll explain in a few days" would be nice.

13. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM

They answer other questions on this forum and ignore this one.

I hate to be a dick about it but this, but I PAID a lot of money for the perks of PIP and if they changed the rules on one of the PERKS then they have to make it right.

14. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 5:35 AM

It's really ridiculous how they have answered on like seven different topics in a row, but still choose to pretend this one doesn't exist. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this.

15. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Just think how many people that do not read these forums or post on Facebook that will be shocked when they find out they have been scammed.

Just keep spamming facebook pages with it until they answer.

16. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

I totally understand everyone's frustration, but let's not assemble with our pitch forks until after we hear something official.
    Chels

17. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Chels wrote:
    I totally understand everyone's frustration, but let's not assemble with our pitch forks until after we hear something official.
    Chels

They have had many chances at responding to this. They responded in email that a updated policy will go out next week to PIP holders. Some people budgeted there spending around this and bought the PIP tickets. To be ignored doesn't give us great confidence.

I have had MANY people message me on Facebook to inquire about this.

18. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Wiggum wrote:
    Chels wrote:
    Chels

They have had many chances at responding to this. They responded in email that a updated policy will go out next week to PIP holders. Some people budgeted there spending around this and bought the PIP tickets. To be ignored doesn't give us great confidence.

I'm equally as frustrated. I definitely understand budgeting and the cost; I purchased 2 PIP tickets this year. I also understand the value that PIP tickets offer (at least have offered in the past.) I'm just trying to stay positive and hope that this gets settled soon. I know that they don't want to piss off this many customers. So if there is a problem, I'm working on positive thoughts in the hope of receiving some tasty Beer Karma.
    Chels

19. Re: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Chels wrote:
    Wiggum wrote:
    Chels wrote:
    Chels

I'm equally as frustrated. I definitely understand budgeting and the cost; I purchased 2 PIP tickets this year. I also understand the value that PIP tickets offer (at least have offered in the past.) I'm just trying to stay positive and hope that this gets settled soon. I know that they don't want to piss off this many customers. So if there is a problem, I'm working on positive thoughts in the hope of receiving some tasty Beer Karma.
    Chels

Off to the Social Distortion concert now, but one last thing. I've tried to stay positive. They have responded to many posts and ignored this one. They do know the answer but for some reason are being very slick.

20. Moderator

RE: BEER* Subject to TABC rules

Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Hey guys, everything is going to be cool – you will be able to eat, drink, see, relax, #1, #2 – a ton. Not much has changed except for the fact that we have to do a much better job of working within the law this year – which I know you guys can respect (otherwise PIP couldn’t happen at all). We will send out a communication about how things will work to all PIP customers next week once it is approved. Don’t worry about the value of the ticket, because we take that very seriously. What you purchased is what you will receive – the process and rules will just be different. This is about the law, abuse, and securing the experience for all good PIP customers – so we can keep the PIP program. We look forward to seeing you next week.