Why are the Friday tickets so expensive?

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 9:23 AM

I got 2 Fun1 tickets the day they came out, and now I just got an email asking for more $$ to attend Friday. This didn't happen last year! Why is it happening this year? In addition, price-per-day for the Fun1 tickets comes to $37.50 for Saturday and Sunday. That means that the "Friday Upgrade" is nearly $10 more expensive at $46. Why? I'm a little pissed...

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Why are the Friday tickets so expensive?

Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I feel ya. Last year it was about $25-30 to upgrade to Friday.

2. Re: Why are the Friday tickets so expensive?

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 7:45 AM

When I bought the Fun1 tickets, I thought I was already buying tickets for the whole 3 days, considering they were already $75 without even knowing the lineup. $121 for 3 days is a little insane for the super-early-bird discounted price.

It looks like FFF is going to be reaching ACL prices this year.

3. Re: Why are the Friday tickets so expensive?

Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 10:50 AM

I bought the fun1 weekend pass and also the friday pass. I almost didn't, I as well didn't realize that it wasn't already scheduled for 3 days. Like most Americans I am incapable of reading anything longer that a few words. Maybe next year there should illustrations so we won't have to be bothered with details regarding the cash we're handing over.
    However, I just checked the ACL lineup and there are 5 maybe 6 bands that I was excited about. I can still hunt them down at an ACL after show (probably). I have faith that Friday, Saturday and Sunday will kick my ass. It better. It really fucking better. It's gonna be amazing, right? Right?

4. Re: Why are the Friday tickets so expensive?

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:55 PM

F3Fest was still working out details with Austin City Council to get approval for 3 days. when you purchased the tickets (Fun1 went on sale June 1), it said November 5&6. almost a month later (June 28) they announced the 3rd day (I keep all my emails from F3Fest just to refer to if needed). they weren't trying to be sneaky and I really do feel for you guys but that's why it's important to read the not-so-fine print. and in case anyone thinks I'm being an asshole, I'm really trying to be sympathetic but text doesn't translate emotion very well.
    some treat life like a race. I treat it like a demolition derby.