PIP upgrade?

Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 7:38 AM

last year I was able to upgrade my fun2 tickets to PIP. Will that be an option this year as well? How do I do this thing?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: PIP upgrade?

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 1:35 PM

yeah they've mentioned that this will be an option later, probably when fun3 tickets come out.

2. Re: PIP upgrade?

Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:20 PM

I'm waiting for the upgrade option to come up. I need me some PIP treatment this time around (especially if they have good beer this year).
    some treat life like a race. I treat it like a demolition derby.

3. Re: PIP upgrade?

Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 8:48 AM

okay F3Fest, I'm expecting some info about the upgrade on Monday. please don't disappoint.
    with love and admiration,
    Steven K.

4. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Dear ground(ctrl),
    it seems we can buy, but not upgrade to, PIP tickets. when will this be remedied? because I don't want to miss out.
    hugs and kisses,
    Steven K.

5. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I've reached out to them on this topic too..plz post if you hear anything. Thanks!

6. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 12:50 PM

No word yet on this??

7. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM

What does the PIP ticket even have included in it? Anybody know?

8. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM

nothing yet...FFFF did hit me up on FB last weekend and said I would have a trade-up option, but nothing yet

9. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 2:23 PM

just got the upgrade...purchase your PIP pass and call 877-463-2875 with your PIP order number and they'll refund your initial purchase.

10. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 3:12 PM

so Fun1 discount becomes moot? that sucks. thanks for the info though :)

11. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM

damn i hope everyone got it done but me who doesnt get off work till 5 is fuct

ground ctrl closes at 5.... :(( i hope im not screwed...

12. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 5:53 PM

they are based in cali, hence they close at 7 texas time.
    ye-fucking-haw

13. Re: PIP upgrade?

Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Any more convenient/lazy methods to get an upgrade?

-The Sloth
    "inherently deep old skool quote over here!"

14. Re: PIP upgrade?

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 5:03 AM

The refund call went pretty smooth and I hate talking on the phone. However, the person on the other end was nice and got it done quickly. I guess its not as easy as just hitting a button which would have been nice.

15. Re: PIP upgrade?

Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Excellent! Thanks for the heads up alexfaris! See you in the beer line.

16. RE: PIP upgrade?

Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Can I get more details on what the PIP Pass consists of? Like what does "your own chill spot at the shore" mean? Is that like a backstage pass or something? Trying to decide if it's worth paying twice the price. Thanks!

17. Re: PIP upgrade?

Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Flekie so happy to have chill spot on shore 2010 for all-night FUN FUN FUN skankathon party! You must get PIP and have chill place on shore! I say worth it joyful upgrade you make telephone call for upgrade you no regret it you skank all night like thirsty turtle.Go for PIP upgrade I no like speaking to phone myself and PIP phone jockey make Flekie feel all time champion like upgrade master for you!!! Cannot wait for massive huge band announcement on black stage of funfest!
    mosh like bull jamming lamb to ring of cinnamon!

18. Moderator

Re: PIP upgrade?

Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM

ClintM wrote:
    Can I get more details on what the PIP Pass consists of? Like what does "your own chill spot at the shore" mean? Is that like a backstage pass or something? Trying to decide if it's worth paying twice the price. Thanks!

The big perks in the past were; A "PIP" area with Free Beer, and non-crowded clean bathrooms and Food. The food has taken a couple years to get dialed in, however FFF is stepping it up for 2011 just not able to lock it all in for the announce this week, should be giving more PIP info shortly.

19. Re: PIP upgrade?

Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 11:48 AM

Yea hoping for sum mods 2 the plan. Beer food ect. Cuz will have 2 say since there really wasn't a price break on being a "earlybird" from a "late bird". Black stage is looking really solid tho! Kinda hoping they mayb will be some more good adds like funfunfun is know for. Not cryin but kinda makes ya wonder bout the hype? But will say thanks greg for letting me know whatz up so I didn't miss the boat. Urock bro.

20. Moderator

Re: PIP upgrade?

Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:16 AM

adam76 wrote:
    Yea hoping for sum mods 2 the plan. Beer food ect. Cuz will have 2 say since there really wasn't a price break on being a "earlybird" from a "late bird". Black stage is looking really solid tho! Kinda hoping they mayb will be some more good adds like funfunfun is know for. Not cryin but kinda makes ya wonder bout the hype? But will say thanks greg for letting me know whatz up so I didn't miss the boat. Urock bro.

Full PIP package details have been added, it took a hot minute to lock everything in but alas we can shine a glorious light on what the PIPs will be getting for 2011. You are correct that upgrading from early bird to PIP cancels out the discount, think of it as going from welfare to boss status, there is a premium to be boss.

2011 PIP:

What is included:
    • One (1) 3 Day pass to FunFunFun Fest
    • One (1) Chrome® Messenger Bag or Backpack ($120 Value)
    • One (1) Pair of FunFunFun Fest shades
    • One (1) FunFunFun Fest beach towel, this is the "shore" after all.
    • Heineken®, Heineken Light®, & Amstel® all weekend long.
    • One (1) beer koozie, keeping your coldie super coldie.
    • Two (2) Meals a day, YOUR CHOICE from a selection of local Austin food vendors (not a foil wrapped burrito in sight!)
    • Souvenir PIP laminate
    • Private PIP area with clean, line free bathrooms
    • PIP viewing and lounging areas throughout the festival grounds