Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Why are they purposely making their announcements so vague and cryptic? Their Facebook page is full of people asking this question and they refuse to give any answers.

If it does not, then USP is obviously a complete joke, at that price.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I just don't feel like they care anymore - I miss the blogs, too
    -Adam Noble Bass

2. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sat, Aug 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

There will be no free beer and no free food according to the USP info page. Beer, cocktails, and premium food options will be "**Available for purchase**."

http://funfunfunfest.com/usp
    Peace through taco grease

3. RE: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I don't suppose any one has heard about the pricing on all this fancy USP custom menu stuff. if USPers get a price break or something, might be worth keeping the upgrade?

4. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

LauraP wrote:
    I don't suppose any one has heard about the pricing on all this fancy USP custom menu stuff. if USPers get a price break or something, might be worth keeping the upgrade?

Let's hope so!
    -Adam Noble Bass

5. RE: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 6:48 PM

I don't care about arcades. viewing stations, lounging areas, or other bs. I got PIP last year for
    1. Free Food
    2. Free Beer
    3. Better bathrooms

That is about it.

6. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM

LauraP wrote:

I have not been able to find the pricing for food or booze for USP badge holders on either this site or on Facebook. What I have found on the F3F Facebook page was the comparison to Coachella's VIP experience.

"like Coachella and other fests, our premium package this year is more about 'access' then 'excess'. More food and beverage (craft beers, specialty mixed drinks, NA options, etc) options will be available for purchase, and exclusively made for the USP areas only, along with video arcades, hammocks, charging stations, priority lines/viewing, etc. Its a whole new level this year, with a focus on convenience and comfort for our badge holders. You can learn more on the USP website and can direct any specific questions to the email address provided there.
    "

Peace through taco grease

7. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

hateyouhumans wrote:
    I just don't feel like they care anymore - I miss the blogs, too

This, times a million. I fell in love with F3F based on the care, attention-to-detail and awesome environment they'd been putting forth since I first started going in 2009 but it's all seemed pretty non-existent this year. The new website is just kinda "there," still no blogs, no points, no interaction and I'm starting to get genuinely concerned about this lackadaisical attitude bleeding into the actual festival.

It almost seems like F3F and Riot Fest switched personalities this year. If this "meh" feeling continues into the actual festival, this will definitely be my last year after five in a row. Ah well...nothing lasts forever, right?

8. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Phillip wrote:

It almost seems like F3F and Riot Fest switched personalities this year. If this "meh" feeling continues into the actual festival, this will definitely be my last year after five in a row. Ah well...nothing lasts forever, right?

Every year I get my hopes down, and then come away feeling like it's been a great time, but I do share this concern. Last year's PIP was the first time I went for PIP and turned out to be a debacle, and this year's seems underwhelming.

I don't do a lot of concert tourism(I'm spoiled by living in Austin). This year I went to PRB and am going to RiotFest next month. But by comparison, the FFF website is far better and more informative, but it does seem like a step down from last year's and the years before. (And really, RiotFest-who on earth designed their promo posters that initially put Fall Out Boy above Motorhead?)

Mind you, I care about the music-plain and simple. That's why I'm going and that's why I trusted FFF this year on the first day tickets were available before pretty much anything was announced.

9. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 1:38 PM

personally, I'm looking forward to the "VIP" situation to be less crowded

HOPEFULLY, my girl and I will be the only ones in there, SMOOTH SAILING!!!
    -Adam Noble Bass

10. RE: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:02 AM

This is a HUGE let down and JOKE to get rid of the beer and food as part of this package and still charge $325. That was one of the biggest reasons to have this pass. Basically to have an all inclusive pass. Now we are left with charging stations and an arcade, both of which already exist at the fest.

11. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 1:25 PM

so.... you think it'll be less crowded? ;)
    -Adam Noble Bass

12. RE: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 2:24 PM

If those are the same viewing stage locations as last year bring some binoculars.

13. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 2:28 AM

they've claimed a YELLOW STAGE viewing deck.... I'm SOLD
    -Adam Noble Bass

14. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM

So, all of a sudden, if the price of USP remains the same as last year and nothing is free, basically, they can eat a bag of ducks...I've been every year since the festivals inception over at Waterloo, done PIP since it was free Heineken and Chipotle burritos (the term burritos used lightly, as it was a massive tortilla filled with rice only)...since then PIP/USP has been a roller coaster ride of haphazard attempts to live up to it's name (the main fiasco being general population food trucks not honoring meals from 2 years ago)...and so I circle back, if it is same pricing, but now you have to drop $100/day on top of that for booze, you might as well drop that loot on ACL VIP for the same price and be able to pop in for a massage/free quality liquor-beer-food/shade/live stream TVs etc...at present and with the limited details, it's sounding like the UbeenSwindledPass...BUT my hopes are that they come correct.

15. RE: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 8:25 PM

This is, in effect, a bait-and-switch on FFF's part. Every year prior to this one has involved some sort of free alcohol, whether it was the all-you-can-drink variety of the early years or the drink ticket variety of more recent years. And, honestly, "free" was never accurate -- it was part of the price of the upgraded pass.

So when I bought my USP pass this year, and FFF was trumpeting that the pass would be "even better" and that they'd "listened" to complaints, the last thing I expected was that my $325 USP pass would come with NO BEER, NO DRINK TICKETS, nada.

Simply put, I would never in a million years have paid $325 for a USP pass if I'd known that price didn't include even a single drink. Instead, I'm paying a premium for what? A fucking arcade that I'm never going to use? So that I can spend $12 on cocktails at a music festival? So that I can have a "free" cell phone charging station? (I mean, seriously, pretending that this is a premium offering is absolutely ridiculous).

Not only do I never plan to buy a USP pass again, but if this nonsense is any indication of how this festival is going to be run, I may stop coming (and I've come every year since 2008).

16. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I wonder what caused them to stop listening... new corporate sponsers have them tightening their belts, or what??

I'm still hoping the USP drink/food prices will at least be really low, that would be nice... I din't really NEED to drink 10 beers a day (BUT I DID! plus more at the NITES shows...)

-Adam Noble Bass

17. Re: Ok, so does USP include free food and alcohol or not?

Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Pretty much in agreement with everything noted above and SUPER dissapointed in Transmission for not putting out clarification re: any of these concerns - I guess par for the course as last year I believe it was 1 day before the gates opened that they put out clarification regarding "free unlimited beer" and that it would be limited to 10/day or whatever (I don't care as I don't need 10 beers/day, but putting it out that last min = pretty sheisty). I have been with this fest since day 1 and love the format, but again am suprised the management seems to care about the goers so little that they don't even respond/address the many posts trying to get clarification regarding these issues????? All of this on top of the fact that over the last week they have been putting out tons of passes at 20%, which means tickets sales are already down - C'mon F3F, you're losing your peeps...come correct and RESPOND/CLARIFY ASAP - do they not have someone monitoring the forum/threads??????????