P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Towels were advertised to be part of the PIP package. When we got to the gate they didn't have any and didn't know what we were talking about. They did say a lot of people asked about the towels.

I'm willing to trade the missing towel in for a bandana to cover my face. Whaddaya say FFF? :-)

BTW...good shows last night. Public Enemy brought the noise!

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 12:12 PM

they didn't get them printed in time and said that the floatie keychain and croakie think were the replacement, which is insufficient. I wanted a funfunfunfest towel
    NAW DUDE!

2. Re: P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I was disappointed about the towels, but I was more disappointed that I totally left my backpack somewhere in the fest and forgot about it! I think I last had it in the El Camino. At least I had my koozie.

3. Re: P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM

What do you say, FFF Fest? No towels, final answer? Are they being printed and shipped?

4. Re: P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I was told the venue had put towels on the "no fly list" -- security was enforcing this as well for those that brought their own.
    Brent - Lead developer, Ground(ctrl)

5. Re: P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I believe the shore vetoed the towel. I am not 100% on this though.

6. Re: P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

On Sunday, our security entry guy asked if we had any blankets in our backpacks. Apparently, somewhere into the weekend, the parks people decided no blankets or towels. 'Course, just like pot, plenty of people seemed to have blankets, anyway.

7. Re: P.I.P. Towels MIA at Dust Dust Dust Fest

Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:38 PM

The rules at the shore made it impossible to give PIP's towels. The "No beach towels" rule put the nail in the coffin so we decided on the sweet floatie keychain, the koozie, and the croakies (to make sure you didn't lose the sunglasses in the Slayer pit).