New Location for 2013?

Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:03 AM

So, the scuttlebutt around the rumor mill is that the Shores will be "renovated" this year, requiring F3F to find a new home for the 2013 fest. If so, where else would the fest go, I'm wondering? It doesn't seem that Waterloo is doing shows anymore (pretty sure the fest is way too big for that, anyway) and Carson Creek Ranch seems a bit far away to allow easy access to the Nites shows. Are there other suitable locations that I'm missing?

Glad I waited to book my hotel room, if this ends up being true! I might end up with a cheaper rate, which is always awesome!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: New Location for 2013?

Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I'm kind of surprised that nothing's been said by FFF yet, but it seems to be more than a rumor that the renovation is happening. I guess Zilker's an option, I think it'd be cool if FFF was transformed into a campsite-style festival somewhere outside of Austin but that's pretty unlikely.

2. Re: New Location for 2013?

Tue, May 7, 2013 at 1:35 PM

oh gawd
    -Adam Noble Bass

3. Re: New Location for 2013?

Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I hadn't thought about Zilker but that makes perfect sense. In fact, that's just about the only other place that does make sense.

4. Re: New Location for 2013?

Mon, May 27, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I noticed an article that said it would be closed the entirety of 2014, so it sounds like this year is safe - next year is another story, I'm sure:
    http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/22155454/auditorium-shores-may-close-for-renovations
    -Adam Noble Bass

5. Re: New Location for 2013?

Tue, May 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM

That's good news!

6. Re: New Location for 2013?

Sat, Jun 22, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Nothing sounds less appealing than another "camp" festival...this is why I no longer go to the shitshows that start with B & C. I like that it's downtown - I like being able to take a fucking shower at night.

7. Re: New Location for 2013?

Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 2:17 PM

livehappy8 wrote:
    Nothing sounds less appealing than another "camp" festival...this is why I no longer go to the shitshows that start with B & C. I like that it's downtown - I like being able to take a fucking shower at night.

AMEN!
    -Adam Noble Bass