Deductions

Tue, May 7, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Ok so ACL just released their lineup (hello, Lionel Richie, like literally the only one I want to see) and I was wondering based on other festivals/tour announcements if we could try to deduce some early clues as to who might be playing FFF8. If FFF8 happens.

Any guesses? I am hoping for The Postal Service even though I'm already seeing them in June.

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: Deductions

Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I've been making a pretty detailed list, pretty much since the fest ended last year (mostly because I want to own Guess the Fest this year) and there are a few things that strike me as "sure bets" or, at the very least, "pretty safe guesses":

-- Neutral Milk Hotel (their recently announced reunion dates have space for F3F and this would be a great catch for the Orange Stage, although not necessarily a headliner)
    -- How to Destroy Angels/NIN (neither one is playing ACL and I could easily see either one headline, especially given HTDA's intense live show. I don't think NIN is too big for F3F, since Slayer played in '11)
    -- The Breeders (perhaps just wishful thinking, but I feel that they'll be there this year)
    -- The Flaming Lips (I was actually pretty surprised that they weren't on the ACL lineup. I could see them either doing a regular set or something like all of Yoshimi)
    -- Baroness (I would be utterly flabbergasted if they weren't on the lineup)
    -- Ghost BC (I'm really feeling this one)

Those are a few of them. Can't wait for them to re-open the blogs: there's so much to discuss!

2. Re: Deductions

Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM

I heard Pelican & KEN Mode may be on tour together - Cooper from Pushmen/Bad Powers told me they are both trying to get involved - maybe Narrows, I think they were interested in playing the Black Stage...

...have you seen the lineup for FYF in L.A.?
    http://www.fyffest.com/#lineup
    -Adam Noble Bass