Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Here we go again!

We have a chance to start guessing early. What do you guys think about a Guess the Fest contest? The person who guesses the most confirmed bands wins something extra special.

Weigh in, let's start rockin!

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Flipper, Pavement, Lightning Bolt, Thomas Function, Suckers, Ponytail, Grails, High on Fire/ Sleep, Dum Dum Girls, Jeff the Brotherhood, Japanther, Ganglians, Clues, Liars, Beach House, Screaming Females, Wolves in the Throne Room, Vivian Girls, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Mono, Agnostic Front, Death By Stereo, Black Lips, Tobacco/Black Moth Super Rainbow, Cannibal Ox, Eyehategod, Javelin, John Mulaney, Tim & Eric, Eugene Mirman, Louis C.K., Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, LCD Soundsystem, Mammatus, Melvins, Napalm Death, Wolf Parade, Bun B, Swans, Smith Westerns, Shrine Builder, Raekwon, Obits, Panda Bear, and hopefully FUGAZI.

2. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Sat, May 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM

also, is the fest gonna be at waterloo park this year or where y'all held the mwtx party on E. 4th?

3. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Sun, May 2, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Pavement, FUGAZI would be TITS, Guided by Voices, The Descendents or ALL, Murder by Death, David Byrne & Fatboy Slim, Chiddy Bang, Yeasayer, Ghostland Observatory, Slick Rick, Rakim, Wu-Tang Clan, Coolio, Gwar,Dex Romwebber Duo, Karen Elson, The Bronx, Torture Killer, Bolt Thruster, Bring Back Ced & Malcolm! SUICIDAL TENDENCIES! the other MISFITS. Rollins Band or Black Flag, Jawbreaker, Dr Dog, WEEN!, Funny or Die, The Authors, Pet Shop Boys, Duran Duran, Soft Cell, PJ Harvey, Liz Phair, Zombie Jeff Buckley, Balkan Beat Box, Gogol Bordello, That Damned Band, 999 eyes freak show- DO IT!!!! Strange Boys, WOLF, The Warriors, Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Ozzy, ZZ Top, Death From Above 1979 or Sebastien Grainger- Fuck MSTRKRFT!, BRMC, Doug Stanhope, SLAYER, SLAYER, SLAYER.

4. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:56 AM

Just a short list of bands that I like and some I have never seen live - The Loved Ones, Bouncing Souls, Face to Face (again), Pennywise, No Use For A Name and MXPX.

5. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Tue, May 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

La Roux, Japanther, Passion Pit, Free Energy, Amplified Heat, Pharcyde, GZA, Birthday Suit, Steel Panther, Stabba, Pixies, Smoking Popes, Skankin' Pickle, Ugly Mustard, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Devandra Banhart, Matisyahu, Damian Marley, Spoon, Ghost Knife, Peelander-Z, Patton Oswalt, Demetri Martin, Zach Galafinakis, Gym Class Heroes, Pixies, Toadies, Faith No More, Soundgarden

6. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Fri, May 21, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Fugazi please. I get my hopes up every year only to have them crushed and spit on. The Jesus Lizard can play every year if they want.

-John-

7. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Tue, May 25, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Patrick Watson, Conducting From the Grave, Veil of Meya, Born of Osiris, As Tall As Lions, City and Colour and/or Alexisonfire, Beirut, Local Natives, Horse Feathers, Andrew Bird, Bon Iver, Terror

These would all be quite nice
    The Authority Lives For The Thrill Of The Chase, They'll Never Catch Me

8. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Wed, May 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Ariel Pink
    Os Mutantes
    Deerhunter
    Best Coast
    Architecture in Helsinki

Can't wait!

9. Moderator

RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:16 PM

2010 is already so spicy my ass is on fire. What am I gonna do when more bands confirm? Yikes!

10. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 10:42 PM

if they could get voxtrot to reunite, that would be awesome

11. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 9:02 AM

All I want is Faith No More.

12. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Born Against reunion! Charles Bronson reunion!

13. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Avail,The Bollweevils, Saint Vitus, Descendents, Slapshot, Metallagher!!!!.... Oh yeah, Broken Gold would be cool too!!

14. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 4:41 PM

Lori - Descendents, FUGAZI, The Pixies, Jello Biafra, Hank III, Tegan and Sara, Dropkick Murphys, Sloppy Seconds, Stabba, Sore Losers, Meat Loaf, OUTKAST, Violent Femmes, SCOTT REYNOLDS and the Steaming Beast, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, DUKE!, Southern Culture on the Skids, The Victor Mourning, Fear, The Vandals, Drag the River, BODYCOUNT!, Snoop Dogg, Gogol Bordello, Monster Magnet

Tristen - Chamillionaire!!!!!!!!!!, THE WEAKERTHANS (favorite pick), Propgandhi!!!, The Mountain Goats!!!, Murder City Devils (again), Brand New, Frightened Rabbit (again), Muhammidali!!!, The Get Up Kids, Streetlight Manifesto, Jawbreaker (of Forgetters), Gorilla Biscuits (again!!!), Rollins Band, LIFETIME (again!!), The Lawrence Arms, The National (again!), Navasota String Band, Okkervil River!!!!, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart!!!!!, Wintersleep, RIVERBOAT GAMBLERS!!!!!!!!!!! SIGUR ROS, Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin, PAVEMENT!!

Bastian - Mayhem, Behemoth, Death Cab for Cutie, Mastodon, Rival Schools (again), Los Campesinos!!!!!, GWAR, etc.

(all mutual)

15. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 10:56 PM

matt pike has said that they're gonna playing austin in the fall. please tell me you got sleep to play the fest

16. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Flipp... er, nevermind. Third year's charm, right FFF??? :P

17. RE: Guess the Fest 2010 and WIN!

Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Hmm.

Caribou, Golden Filter, Nice Face, Atmosphere, Flying Lotus, Fever Ray, Foals, Holy Fuck, Gang of Four, Broken Bells, Local Natives, MGMT, The Dutchess and the Duke, Dizzee Rascal, The XX, Empire of the Sun, Miike Snow, Swans, Phoenix, Tyvek, CocoRosie

Municipal Waste, Suicidal Tendencies, Mickey, Cococoma, Oblivions, Big Black/Rapeman/Shellac, Butthole Surfers, Wavves