Bands

Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Think you know a band that fits the FFF family? Let's hear all about it.

Replies to This Posting

1. RE: Bands

Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Dusty Rhodes and the River Band

myspace.com/dustyrhodes
    sideonedummy.com/dustyrhodes

2. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 6:54 AM

I would really like to see junior boys, regina spektor, french kicks, au revoir simone, and camera obscura.

3. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 7:23 AM

4. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 10:13 AM

explosions in the sky, this is your captain speaking, mr.lif, joy wants enternity, gifts from enola, followed by ghosts, akrobatik. look in to it?

5. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Here are some that I didn't see already mentioned...

The Horrors, The xx, Julian Plenti, PiL, Chuck Mosley, Anew Revolution, Arkaea, Straight Line Stitch, Jello Biafra & the Guantanamo School of Medicine, Whole Wheat Bread, Pendulum, Röyksopp, He Say She Say, Gossip, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head, West Indian Girl, I Will Never Be The Same, A Place To Bury Strangers, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Doves, The Pains Of being Pure At Heart, Teenagersintokyo, Asobi Seksu, & maybe Skinny Puppy, who is gonna start touring again soon.

6. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 12:41 PM

MissyMayhem wrote:
    Here are some that I didn't see already mentioned...

The Horrors, The xx, Julian Plenti, PiL, Chuck Mosley, Anew Revolution, Arkaea, Straight Line Stitch, Jello Biafra & the Guantanamo School of Medicine, Whole Wheat Bread, Pendulum, Röyksopp, He Say She Say, Gossip, Natalie Portman's Shaved Head, West Indian Girl, I Will Never Be The Same, A Place To Bury Strangers, Does It Offend You Yeah?, Doves, The Pains Of being Pure At Heart, Teenagersintokyo, Asobi Seksu, & maybe Skinny Puppy, who is gonna start touring again soon.

I second the love for Chuck Mosely, Doves and Asobi Seksu. Chuck's new album is really great, which is odd considering that I never cared for him in FNM (Patton's my man-crush). Doves are an amazing live band and I promised my friend I'd see Asobi some day...why not at FFFFest?

7. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:35 PM

myspace.com/thecriesof

8. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 1:51 PM

Phillip wrote:

I second the love for Chuck Mosely, Doves and Asobi Seksu. Chuck's new album is really great, which is odd considering that I never cared for him in FNM (Patton's my man-crush). Doves are an amazing live band and I promised my friend I'd see Asobi some day...why not at FFFFest?

Love the new Chuck Mosley album. Would really like to see him perform as I think he'd put on a kicka**, high energy show. I actually wrote about him 1-2 wks ago on my little just-4-kicks music blog & got linked to on both Chuck's twitter and facebook page. He & his record company have been super supportive & seem like such nice people. So I'm definitely a Chuck fan. =)

Altho... I 2nd the Patton love fest. I actually really liked Chuck's We Care A Lot album, but to me Faith No More will always be associated with Mike Patton.

9. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 2:34 PM

MissyMayhem wrote:
    Phillip wrote:

Love the new Chuck Mosley album. Would really like to see him perform as I think he'd put on a kicka**, high energy show. I actually wrote about him 1-2 wks ago on my little just-4-kicks music blog & got linked to on both Chuck's twitter and facebook page. He & his record company have been super supportive & seem like such nice people. So I'm definitely a Chuck fan. =)

Altho... I 2nd the Patton love fest. I actually really liked Chuck's We Care A Lot album, but to me Faith No More will always be associated with Mike Patton.

Even though I've heard various horror stories, I'm always kind of sorry that I didn't get to see Chuck fronting the Brains. I think his stage presence and energy would have translated fairly well with them...although most reports I've heard use the term "trainwreck" fairly regularly.

10. RE: Bands

Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:59 PM

Phillip wrote:
    Even though I've heard various horror stories, I'm always kind of sorry that I didn't get to see Chuck fronting the Brains. I think his stage presence and energy would have translated fairly well with them...although most reports I've heard use the term "trainwreck" fairly regularly.

Yeah, I think the drugs were an issue. And the guy has just always had 1 problem after another, & the auto accident that broke his back didn't help matters. Hopefully he's chilled out some. Seems like he could generate some buzz with his new album... hopefully he won't shoot himself in the foot this time & screw it up.

11. RE: Bands

Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM

venom, boredoms, ganglian, the yellow moon band, acid mothers temple, LIGHTNING BOLT, earth

12. RE: Bands

Sun, Sep 13, 2009 at 7:55 AM

fecalbeast wrote:
    venom, boredoms, ganglian, the yellow moon band, acid mothers temple, LIGHTNING BOLT, earth

aaaand electric wizard, dungen, guitar wolf, hawkwind, ane brun, plants and animals, stereolab

13. RE: Bands

Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Japanther and Amon Tobin. That's all I got for now.

14. RE: Bands

Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:45 PM

deerhoof, do make say think, liars, tv on the radio, man man, clues, pit er pat, experimental dental school

15. RE: Bands

Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 3:05 PM

fecalbeast wrote:
    fecalbeast wrote:

aaaand electric wizard, dungen, guitar wolf, hawkwind, ane brun, plants and animals, stereolab

get all these bands for next year please

16. RE: Bands

Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 9:36 PM

Austin's own One-Eyed Doll!!

17. RE: Bands

Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 7:06 AM

LIGHTNING BOLT would be bang anus.

18. RE: Bands

Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 11:16 AM

Art Brut, camper van beethoven, Hold Steady, Fiery Furnaces, get Sound Team or Single Frame to re unite

HUSKER DU

19. RE: Bands

Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:01 PM

The Weather Girls, Wham, Meatloaf and the Eagles.

20. RE: Bands

Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 6:16 PM

m.holz wrote:
    I would like to see Clutch play FFF Fest.

Clutch would be hot. They are playin ACL... :/