1. MandyStroyer avatar

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 6:30 PM, MandyStroyer said:

I never thought that they got too crowded last year & it was nice to have a cool place to sit & chill at times when I wanted to see a band, but need a break from the standing & getting wrapped up in the pit. My only complaint was that they were SO far away from the stages. But, the info on the PIP this year says something about "bigger & better" viewing areas, so I'm hoping the "better" refers to better location.

2. Jesse24 avatar

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Jesse24 said:

Yeah it depends on who is playing an when they're playing. Last year the Orange Stage was the best viewing and had the most space from what I saw while Slayer was playing, but its never bad or anything.

3. harlow avatar

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:55 AM, harlow said:

They're never really OVERcrowded, but there are certainly peak times where you won't get a seat.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM, inkboy200x said:

I only ventured into the pip viewing areas once, at the orange stage during Hum's set. There was a good amount of people there but it wasn't crowded. I wasn't there very long, i just wanted to chill a little bit before slayer

5. slyd avatar

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:22 AM, slyd said:

I think there were only really crowded for the headliners even then you could still usually find seat.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 8:21 AM, Phillip said:

It really depends on the time of day. Early on, the PIP areas were nice and empty: prime viewing spots and a good place to sit and chill. Later in the evening, however, the PIP areas tended to get pretty crowded. They were supposed to revamp the viewing areas for this year, however, so they may be a bit different now.