1. Jäs avatar

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Jäs said:

Alas, the Legends are False. Those who wrote them are now frustrated bankers in NYC (and elsewhere)... Their shared music taste in Christopher Cross cannot sustain them any longer, once again they bleed orange into the Hudson

2. tonignosis avatar

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 9:23 PM, tonignosis said:

I share your frustration with the sea of Retard Burnt Orange bastards running all over this town. I second all of the alternative hangout venues posted here, these are the places I go: Beerland and Mugshots on Monday nights, Liberty two or so nights a week, Ego's some random nights, Rio Rita, Shangri-La, Jackalope and Mugshots on Thursdays. I also tend to avoid 6th Street and keep most of my hanging out on the east side where I live.

3. kris avatar

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:29 AM, kris said:

I think you should try hanging out at Creek Side bar and Spider House coffee shop. They're really chill places and I haven't noticed anyone claiming to bleed orange there.

4. baileybailey avatar

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:39 PM, baileybailey said:

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

5. Henry Chinaski avatar

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Henry Chinaski said:

what Dr. Duke said, (cept ive seen it change for 12 years)

stay away from downtown, unless there's a show somewhere or its pint night (thu) at Jackalope. Or you really want a some bar food (casino el camino.)

psst. little secret since i know your cool cause your on this here site: Liberty bar. Rio Rita. Nomad. soon to be upcoming Highball lanes sound interesting but don't know how that's going to pan out. Shangri-La. Are you seeing a pattern here? None are downtown where all the fratties and LA transplants go.

6. Raoul Duke avatar

On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 8:08 AM, Raoul Duke said:

Go south of the river...

Austin has changed a lot in the past 5 years. Lost a lot of its magic if you will... The drag used to be full of local eateries and vintage clothes shops, now that co-op bought out the Barnes and Nobles, everything has kinda changed...

Find the dive bars, Bar Flys being one of the best of them. Stay away from campus as it's only going to get worse since the semester has started and soon all the pledges will be coming out in full force.

7. nowayjose avatar

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 8:48 AM, nowayjose said:

i was told the exact same thing. WHERE DA PARTY AT!/
    i just realized i'm wearing flipflops.
    do not hate me. sometime next week let's go to spiderhouse and be the cynical hags that we are.

8. kris avatar

On Sat, Sep 19, 2009 at 12:23 AM, kris said:

I just moved here myself but I tend not to encounter those people unless I'm out on 6th street. There are some really cool places around. What exactly are you looking for - a place to hang out night or day? Shop? Just be? Austin is weird not because it's full of "weird" people but because it's so different from the rest of Texas, is how I've always thought of it.