1. bearTrap avatar

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:01 PM, bearTrap said:

OK so I got a list together. SUPER DOWN to see what everyone else has to offer.... I do have a question though, wants TKK??

7/14 @ Red 7: Peelander Z
    7/21 @ Club DeVille: Octopus Rex
    7/22 @ Barcelona: Coki (badass slow, bassy dubstep)
    7/26 @ Hole in the Wall: The Hickoids, and The Beaumonts
    7/27 @ Red 7: Kool Keith, Boombaptist and more
    7/28 @ Hole in the Wall: Clyde and Clem's Whiskey Business
    8/2 @ Antone's: Billy Joe Shaver (Texas icon, blue grass twang)
    8/10 @ Antone's: The Scabs
    8/11 @ Mohawk: AesopRock
    8/11 @ Emo's: Hank 3 (I'm thinking I'm most likely gonna see Aesop)
    9/13 @ La Zona Rosa: Beats Antique (BEST BAND EVER)
    9/25 @ Austin Music Hall: Amon Tobin with ISAM
    10/30 @ Austin Music Hall: Justice (guilty pleasure)

Hoping to see MANY MORE shows along the way. This is just what I can for see as of now!

2. v. hrndz avatar

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:15 PM, v. hrndz said:

since ima lil broke latina all i have no far is seeing hank 3, thee oh sees/ty sea and it doesnt count as a music show but henry rollins will be in austin once again, i loved him last year at fest and dont mind seeing him again

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Phillip said:

I couldn't agree more, Bonnie! In this day and age, we gotta do everything we can to support the artists we love. At this point, I even try to buy albums at shows, if possible.

4. BonnieBlowtorch avatar

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM, BonnieBlowtorch said:

Look at all these awesome agendas! It brings tears to my eyes. This is the way to truly support your love of music and musicians. The download and albums aren't money makers for these guys anymore. We keep them fed by seeing their live shows and buying their merchandise. I will rock until I can't anymore.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Phillip said:

I used to see TKK everytime they came to town, too, but stopped going for similar reasons to MandyS. I think it's about time I saw 'em again.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Phillip said:

Man, y'all have some great shows coming up! My docket is pretty light, due to budgetary concerns. Here's what I have lined up for the months leading up to F3F:

August 28 - Old 97s @ Crescent Ballroom
    September 5 - Slash @ Celebrity Theater (maybe)
    September 21 - Suicidal Tendencies @ Marquee Theater
    September 22 - Dead Kennedys @ Marquee Theater (maybe)
    September 27 - Firewater @ Crescent Ballroom
    October 2 - Thrill Kill Kult @ Club Red (maybe)
    October 22 - Melvins Lite @ Crescent Ballroom
    November 25 - Rush @ U.S. Airways Center

The only shows I currently have tickets to are Old 97s and Rush, although those are the two I'm most excited about anyway.

7. MandyStroyer avatar

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:18 PM, MandyStroyer said:

PP - it's Sept 28th at Elysium. You should definitely go! I saw them there last year & they were great. Groovy Man even signed a napkin for Bastian because he wanted to come SO badly, but it was a 21+ show. Last year was the first time I had seen them since probably 2002-ish. Used to see them every time they cam through before that, but then they kinda started sucking, so I quit wasting my money. Glad I decided to give them another try though. It was so worth it!

8. harlow avatar

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:59 AM, harlow said:

"gumnastics." Learn to proofread, me.

9. harlow avatar

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:58 AM, harlow said:

Let's see here.

August 2 - Dirty Projectors - Emo's East
    September 14 - Twin Shadow - Mohawk
    September 20 - Beach House + The Walkmen - Stubb's
    October 5 - David Byrne + St. Vincent - Bass Hall
    October 6 - Grimes + elite gumnastics - Beauty Ballroom
    October 9 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Mohawk

And I'm sure I'll sprinkle some more (Kavinsky, perhaps?) here and there.

10. byrone avatar

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM, byrone said:

yay, i love blogs like this, so i can see what shows yall are hitting up. here is my tentative show schedule for summer/fall:

7/10: bass drum of death @ mohawk
    7/13: cheap curls @ 29th st. ballroom (maybe)
    7/14: white dress (final show!!) @ nd
    7/19: frank ocean @ la zona rosa (prolly)
    7/27: glass candy, chromatics @ mohawk
    8/2: the coathangers, jaill @ red7(maybe)
    8/3: the obits, mind spiders @red7
    9/14: twin shadow, niki & the dove, mohawk
    9/15: thee oh sees, ty segall @ la zona rosa
    9/20: beach house, the walkmen @ stubbs
    10/6: grimes @ emo's (heard it moved there from beauty ballroom)
    10/12-14: aclfest
    and then it's funfest time!!