On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Mista PP said:

@rachelrachellehcarlehcar: I think this is a fine topic to revisit as much as necessary since it keeps evolving every year.

I don't roll PIP, myself, but I only drink at most 2 beers a day and I like to pick which vendors I'm eating from (I tend to eat one meal per day there). They keep working more kinks out of the food issues with PIP (IIRC, I heard last year that some vendors wouldn't accept the PIP tabs/tickets for food when they should have). Maybe next year I'll go for the upgrade, until the it's the hoi polloi for me!

See ya in November!

2. MandyStroyer avatar

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 8:10 PM, MandyStroyer said:

I did it for the first time last year because the year before I had a "homie" pass with access to all areas & after having that, I didn't want to give up the "perks". In previous years I refused to buy PIP because it just seemed like some hipster bullshit to me & a way for people to walk around thinking they were special. I mean, sure you had a cool badge that got you on to some pathetic little "viewing area" (just a simple riser back then) & free food & beer *while supplies lasted*. But, they've changed quite a bit about the way they do it these last 2 years. Honestly, I ended up saving myself quite a bit of money by going PIP last year. The only money I spent the whole weekend was $20 for a tshirt. When normally I would have easily dropped about $200 on food & beer alone.

3. rachelrachellehcarlehcar avatar

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM, rachelrachellehcarlehcar said:

Please see all other blogs and forum threads regarding this exact topic. This has been addressed for years.

But overall, yes its worth it. Especially considering almost any other fest in the nation you will pay that much for general 3 day admission without all the perks.

Really, though, its just a matter of personal preference and how much you like beer.

4. Tetsujin 28-go avatar

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM, Tetsujin 28-go said:

Coming from personal experience, I think it is worth it just for the cleaner port-a-potties and having a place to get away from the crowds. The meal vouchers have been hit-or-miss for F3F 2010 and 2011 (mostly miss) but you can count on the beer to flow regularly (until they run out for the day). FFF nites were great, but the venues filled to capacity fairly quickly, but I didn't have any problems getting in b/c I hopped on a bus right after the last performance for the night. I am not a fan of fanny packs (especially since we got a Chrome backpack last year) but the water bottle will be useful over the course of the weekend. My preference mirrors Phillip's view, once you go PIP, there's nothing else for me.

5. bearTrap avatar

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM, bearTrap said:

I think so even though i won't be buying one. If i had the money, i would!!!

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Phillip said:

After going PIP the last two years, there's no way I could go back to regular tix. Each year, I never regret my decision to buy PIP for one instance, even though they're more expensive. It really pays for itself.

7. Jesse24 avatar

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Jesse24 said:

Yeah the only thing though I think the Chrome bag from last year > fanny pack

8. ohh_k avatar

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:18 AM, ohh_k said:

If you drink at all, it is worth it 100%. I went last year with just the 3-day pass and it was great but I spent at least 200 dollars on beer and food and atm fees. It is also really nice to have a separate area to just chill out, have a seat that isn't the ground. I got the PIP because there were way too many moments last year that I wished I was PIP. Yes, $325 isn't cheap but it includes all the fees and if there are at least 10 bands on the line up you want to see its worth it. PLUS, you get a fanny pack.. i mean come on haha

9. krs2.0 avatar

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM, krs2.0 said:

I think it is. Three days of drinking $6-$8 of beer plus spending close to 10 on food each meal. Relaxation areas, clean(er) bathrooms (ladies will surly appreciate not hovering over the port -o -potty rims), and the viewing decks should be great. It may be expensive, but the ability to break away from the crowd any time you want makes me think it's worth it.

10. Jesse24 avatar

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 9:44 AM, Jesse24 said:

I only go PIP now. It is worth it if you drink a few beers each day since they're like $6-7 each with the vendors.