1. rakrakrak avatar

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 2:30 PM, rakrakrak said:

I take OF's lyrics to be sarcastic when they may or may not be. It's just how I like to enjoy it. I agree with everything so said, and it is a shame some kids take things so literal.

2. erfling111billion avatar

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:44 PM, erfling111billion said:

I don't think the youth is getting dumber, but I think maybe the times here in America are pretty "scatterbrained". A lot of people want a lot of change, all over the place, and not focusing on anything in particular. If change is gonna be made anywhere, you've gotta "specialize" in a problem you want solved. It seems like with a lot of people I've met, they fall into this kind of thinking, and all of their solutions kind of become an invisible hodgepodge of unrealized possibilities.

Also, with the growth in the nation, government is becoming more detached and all over the place, and I think that kinda gives the youth a sense of "who gives a fuck about the government; it doesn't affect me". Maybe that has to do with some of the seemingly apathetic youth. Even when research into what's going on is done, you kind of find it hard to believe in any story because they're all told so differently. Leads to hopelessness for change, and "fuck it".
    Just some general thoughts. But I think saying that the youth is getting dumber is an oversimplification of things.

3. erfling111billion avatar

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 1:43 PM, erfling111billion said:

4. lessthanamazing avatar

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:09 PM, lessthanamazing said:

That was very articulate, and you seem like a cool cat. Tyler just says so much foul hateful shit. I'm down with anti-greed, power to the people stuff, but Tyler's hate doesn't seem to have any focus. Eff everybody. Gratuitous...that said, to each their own and I don't really care.

5. lifeonadklein avatar

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 8:31 AM, lifeonadklein said:

I agree with every thing you just said. I don't like people that make OF fans look bad as well, I've never experienced anything like that though

6. reestar avatar

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 7:58 AM, reestar said:

i think i love OF for about the same reasons you do and i hate them for the same reasons too. good music just sometimes falls into the ears of those who interpret and handle it very badly. im glad his music wasnt released when i was a teenager because i could've been just as naive as most back then.