1. ross_r avatar

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 9:42 PM, ross_r said:

I am an "out of towner" also. I love driving to Austin once or twice a month. It feels like a mini-vacation. I head to Austin for concerts that skip San Antonio.

2. byrone avatar

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 5:55 AM, byrone said:

organ music, not vibraphone like i'd hoped: http://www.mediafire.com/?h6gc7ermzxa7336

3. andrea avatar

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 4:30 PM, andrea said:

moonface was outstanding. it's very different from his other projects. so much energy! there's four men i admire most in the world of music. that would be andrew bird, stephen malkmus, spencer krug and dan bejar. sunset rubdown is by far my favorite of the side projects. ive seen them like 5 times. i saw destroyer in chicago last month. it was my first time seeing them since kaputt came out. they blew me away. i had no idea. but yeah, he was reading from his lyric sheet, haha. but he was also drinking heavily so i understand :)

4. Hideous Man #26 avatar

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM, Hideous Man #26 said:

What did you think of Moonface? Spencer Krug is one of my favorite people making music today. I've seen him with Sunset Rubdown (preferred) and Wolf Parade (I'll take it). I'm really curious about the Moonface project... Also couldn't help noticing the other comments about Dan Bejar, another mystical Canadian songwriter whom I greatly admire. I caught his show in Dallas earlier this year. The new songs are incredible live. The horns add such a nice touch. He reads from paper more than I expected, but his lyrics are so finely crafted, guess they're hard to remember!

5. andrea avatar

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 6:46 PM, andrea said:

for_lease - oh man, i love dan bejar so much. i saw him a couple weeks ago at the pitchfork festival, i waited so long in the hot sun to get a good look at him, haha. incredible. his new album is outstanding.
    byrone - always a pleasure
    mista pp - i had a great day! ate some gourdoughs and went swimming and saw some lovely people :) i'll be seeing your lovely face in november!

6. for_lease avatar

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 7:03 AM, for_lease said:

ohh, Dan Bejar is absolutely lovely! i caught Destroyer this spring at a tiny venue in Detroit. it was so intimate that i was standing with my toes against the stage and his microphone was less than two feet away from my face. it was an incredible experience! i'll have to check out MOONFACE.

7. byrone avatar

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:30 AM, byrone said:

good to see ya, andrea!

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Mista PP said:

Hey, hope your day here in the ATX is going well! I'm stuck at work, BAH!

See you November! :)