1. ross_r avatar

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM, ross_r said:

I never saw so many bikes in my life. Pretty cool. They should just close roads around Auditorium Shores and make roads accessible to pedestrians and bikes only next year.

2. zzzzz avatar

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM, zzzzz said:

I think riding cabs eventually adds up, but then again it does have its' many benefits.

3. Ninjon avatar

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:53 AM, Ninjon said:

Cabs are very reasonably priced, though it might be a pain to catch one after the show with all the people milling about. I think catching a bus there is probably a good idea. . I was kind of hoping Austin would have the metro rail running during that weekend, but it doesn't seem like they will.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM, inkboy200x said:

Ayana this will give you a pretty good idea what to expect cab fare wise. There is even a trip calculator

5. Ninjon avatar

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Ninjon said:

Wish I could say I had a magic idea about where to park. Maybe if you get there early enough you could park downtown near Republic Square Park. . . but I'm guessing spots over there will get picked over pretty quickly. If you're willing to hoof it I'm sure you could find something downtown. Might be some spots in the neighborhood south of Barton Springs.

I'm interested to know if the parking at the Palmer Events Center will be opened up. I'm too cheap to pay for anything, so most likely I'll be doing some walkin' or bikin'.

6. Ayana avatar

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Ayana said:

Great question, Sergio. I'd like to know too.

How much are cabs in Austin?

After I drive down, I was thinking about taking the bus in the morning/afternoons and taking a cab at night.

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:08 AM, inkboy200x said:

yea i'm not sure how i'm getting to the fest yet. I'm going to suggest to my designated driver to part somewhere downtown-ish and walk to the shore. That way when we hit up sweet afterparties we don't have to walk so far at the end of the night.

8. rakrakrak avatar

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM, rakrakrak said:

Where do austin natives recommend on parking anyways?