1. Tetsujin 28-go avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM, Tetsujin 28-go said:

It can get very dusty so make sure to bring something to cover the lower half of your face. The de facto Fun Fun Fun Fest face covering is the bandana.

2. hateyouhumans avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:18 PM, hateyouhumans said:

ALSO, you can upgrade to a PIP, if you pay the $150 difference, there's info here, I think: http://funfunfunfest.com/information/#faq

3. hateyouhumans avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 12:16 PM, hateyouhumans said:

I'm so BUMMED that Minus the Bear is at the same time as Converge/Tomahawk. MtB are really great dudes (total bros from my hometown, even their ex-keyboardist (producer Matt Bayles)) and I hate to miss them while we're both in Austin (my first trip there ever, too), but Tomahawk is one of the main reasons I'm traveling to the FFFFest. I certainly hope to hang with some of those jokers while there, crazy how many people/bands/crew I know that are going to be in attendance!

YAR!!!!!!

4. Morgandorpher3 avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Morgandorpher3 said:

Yeah I have heard a lot of things about how pricey the food/drink can get (even water, that should essentially be free to everyone but isn't) Is everything out there cash only?
    Having down time is definitely something I will make sure to do. I like to go with the flow for the most part anyways. and the bands that are on my priority list do not conflict with each other so I got lucky there.
    How are the shuttles they have running? Im not really concerned about getting there is leaving at the end of the night that has me a little hesitant about that... seeing as I am sure most will have had their fair share of Booze lol

5. rachelrachellehcarlehcar avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 11:36 AM, rachelrachellehcarlehcar said:

Going to fff the first time is really exciting. My suggestions are, make sure you bring plenty of money. Drinks (even just beer or shit, even just water costs a lot). The food is good and can get pricey too. You have to remember you'll be there all day and probably going to the nites which those venues def don't offer food so especially if you're drinking, make sure to eat.

The only other thing for a first timer I can think of that could make your festival really amazing is to look at the schedule, schedule the bands you really really want to see, then just use to rest of the time to go with the flow. Fun fest has a lot of really cool random shit to see and do and also the space between stages (especially if they keep the stages the same as last year combined with tons of people walking/loafing) can be pretty big. Not having yourself tied down to a strict schedule will allow you to take in more of the festival experience. Hope you have a lot of fun.

6. Morgandorpher3 avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Morgandorpher3 said:

Thank you all for the helpful input!! I unfortunately did not get the PIP Pass back in July when I got my tickets. I honestly knew nothing about this even when I got them all I knew was that there was going to be an abundance of good music and I was sold. lol. But after hearing all ya'lls stories I am really wishing that I had!
    I hope to see yall there!

7. zombie313 avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:28 AM, zombie313 said:

This will be my first time at FFF as well and I couldn't be more excited. I went with the PIP pass mainly for free beer and meals, plus I'm interested in the private bathrooms, After my last festival experience, Lollapalooza 2012 I have grown tired of closing my eyes and holding my breath whilst pissing to avoid puking, lol. I'm hoping it's worth the cost. From the feedback I've gotten so far I feel fairly confident it will be. Hope to see you there! Enjoy!!

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Phillip said:

Going to F3F for the first time is definitely an adventure! Conflicts can be killer, especially with this year's schedule, but also be sure to schedule a little downtime for yourself. Some of my favorite parts of the lineup, ironically, are the ones where I don't have anyone in particular to see: this allows me to just sit down, chill, grab a bite to hit or hit the honey buckets (it sounds pretty basic but I can't tell you how many times in the past I was "holding it" in order to see maximum bands, only to find myself doing the peepee dance, desperately wishing for an act to be over so I could run to the bathrooms). The stages aren't super far apart, especially compared to bigger festivals like Coachella, so you can probably make it from one to the next in about 5-10 max (I think it takes about 15 minutes to walk the entire ground from end to end). Factor in crowds later on, however, and that 15 minute walk could turn into 20-25: that's screwed me up a few times.

More than anything, however, be sure to leave some get-up-and-go for the Nites shows: too much hardcore partying during the day means no Nites shows and there are some fantastic ones this year. Good luck, have fun and welcome to the party!

9. logan.rich avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:20 AM, logan.rich said:

Honestly, the best advice I have is to go for the PIP if you plan on drinking.

There are some official Spotify playlists that have all bands playing the fest. I'd check those out.

10. Jesse24 avatar

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Jesse24 said:

I would say make sure you use the schedule on here and then if something catches your ear while walking, risk missing what you wanted to see (cept ur faves obviously) but with out that thought I would have never caught Death Grips or Dirty Projectors as I have in the past.