1. ross_r avatar

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 7:42 PM, ross_r said:

It's too hot, wait until October to go out.

2. Tetsujin 28-go avatar

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 11:19 PM, Tetsujin 28-go said:

On a sideways related note, I really dig the Los Angeles Combodian Pop/Psych Rock "Dengue Fever." I saw them perform the the French Legation museum back in SXSW 2010. It was a fantastic show.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Phillip said:

Dengue! Yikes, dude...that's pretty rough.

4. Jesse24 avatar

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 10:24 PM, Jesse24 said:

Not worried I have have Dengue in the past, I take care of myself before going out though and spray myself with straight DEET and make sure nothing like that happens again.

5. Tetsujin 28-go avatar

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Tetsujin 28-go said:

I hear you, but according to the CDC, 80% of West Nile Virus infections cause no symptoms and less than 1% of cases are severe.
    Those numbers may be cold comfort, but more Americans die from the flu than from West Nile. Again, from the CDC, "it is estimated that, on average, approximately 5% to 20% of U.S. residents get the flu, and more than 200,000 people are hospitalized for flu-related complications each year. Over a period of 30 years, between 1976 and 2006, estimates of flu-associated deaths in the United States range from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people."

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:46 PM, Phillip said:

Even though I live in AZ, that shit's got me worried. I got bit by a mosquito last week and didn't sleep that whole night!